Friday, February 26, 2010

Reflecting on this past year...

I finally figured out how to write on this blog (thanks Corrie for your patience) I felt so compelled to thank everyone for all the "Acts of Kindness" that were performed this past year. It has been one year since that horrific call we received and also realize that many of you still check this blog periodically. I guess for some of us it is a connection to Ryan that unfortunately we no longer have.
I have learned so many things from this sad experience not once, but twice, and have witnessed how truly amazing the human spirit really is. We certainly are a resilient species, with strengths that we were not even aware of, especially with all the incredible support we have, and still are receiving. Your support, love, concern, compassion, and never ending "Acts of Kindness" does make our Journey of Grief more bearable and healing. Along this journey we have met so many incredible human beings, which makes us realize what a huge impact both Jesse and Ryan made in their short, but impressive life on Planet Earth. I can still see the twinkle in their eyes and mischievous smiles which make me wonder what they're up to. I would like to believe the are watching Hunter run and run to his heart's content.
I also have learned to really try to focus on the now...yesterday is gone, there is nothing we can do about it....we have no idea or control of what tomorrow will bring (as the Creeden family sadly knows so well) so don't waste your energy worrying about it...live in the moment, it is a gift (that is why we call it present)
Thank you once again for all your support, we TRULY appreciate it!
Loesje

14 comments:

  1. You are always in our thoughts! Thank you for your words. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are inspiring! Thank you. Always thinking of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loesje, I think of you all every day. Your strength and resilience is beyond amazing, and it's true, how could you do anything but live in the now if you are to go on with your lives? I hope you continue to find beauty and love in the every day and to be lifted up by the memories of Jesse and Ryan, two people who made the world so much the better for having been in it. Much Love, Alissa A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of you all often. Your family touched my heart and I will never forget you. I am one of those people who check this blog looking to hear the positive things that are happening in your lives. You are such a wonderful family and it was through Ryan that I got to meet you, you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. i check in occasionally to look for any news to see how y'all are doing. a very welcome surprise it is to read some words of wisdom from such a special woman! i hope you're smiling at this very moment. -tony a.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clink, Clink and I raise my wine glass to Ryan and Jesse and yes you too Hunter. You're always in my thoughts and always in my heart.
    Judy C.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Creedens, I have thought of you often...We met under horrific conditions but you became a part of me and my thoughts...I have not nor will I ever forget you all or Ryan and his friends...I have no doubt that Hunter is running, exploring and playing with Ryan and Jesse. With Love Cindy H. SSH CCU.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came across the green bow from the canal fundraiser today and reflected a few minutes on Ryan's smile and your family's struggles. You are all in my heart. Linda J

    ReplyDelete
  9. we wont stop thinking about you god bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad to see your possitive attitude at work Loesje. My heart and prayers are constantly going your way.
    God Bless, Ruth Meucci

    ReplyDelete
  11. So eloquently worded.

    Loesje, you and your family ARE love. I am so grateful to know you all...

    Continued love and strength in the present and future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God bless you Loesje and family. So beautifully worded...and really makes me think about how important it is to live in the now. Not a day goes by that I don't think of Ryan. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete