Thursday, June 25, 2009

torture continues...

Ryan is still hanging in there. He is on such a high dose of morphine that he continues to have a lot of urine output. They are going to try new ways to try to control his pain without as much morphine. They started a pain patch and will try some others as well.

This is just unreal and so hard to watch....and it is lasting so long.

33 comments:

  1. Im soooo sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of you guys all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's so strong, so young...he simply doesn't want to leave because he loves you all so deeply...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cerissa, Mr & Mrs Creeden

    My heart aches for you all. Ryan is such a strong young man! So many of us love you all so much that we are going through the same emotions as you even though we can not be by your side.

    My continued prayers for Ryan to be at peace. My love and support to you all.

    LR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that the new combination of medications will help Ryan transition peacefully.
    Words can hardly express how terribly sad and devastated all of us are.
    It is impossible to fathom all that your family and Ryan has had to endure.
    Our hearts, prayers and love continue to go out to all of you.
    Jan Teehan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what to say, Cerissa, except that I can't believe this is happening. I hope you all know what an impact your family has made on my life and the lives of so many, here in Austin. We continue to reminisce and talk about Ryan, all the time. Hopefully, he is truly not in any pain and feels nothing but peace. I wish the same for you and your parents. Your strength continually inspires us all. I hope you can feel all the love that is felt for you and remember that this will, someday, be easier.

    With all my love, Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry, Cerissa. I cannot even imagine the torture you are all going through right now. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cerissa, God where to begin? There is nothing worse then watching someone you love slowly pass on. After Alicia my cousin Tommy got cancer, he was like my brother. We were 9 months apart. I thought how can this be happening so soon after losing my baby? It will be 3 years on the 4th since Tommy died and while it is pure hell now, I know God will not let you suffer forever. I wish I had something truly comforting to say. This is a hard cruel world sometimes and I send you and your family love as this is what makes life beautiful. We couldn't hurt so painfully if we hadn't loved so much. This to shall pass. Hang in there.
    Love,
    Patty Persico

    ReplyDelete
  9. I continue to pray for strength, peace, and graces for Ryan, you, and your parents. I can not imagine what all of you have had to go through, and you are all truly amazing people. God Bless Ryan, you, and your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Creeden Family,

    Our hearts continue to break for you with each passing day. We pray for all of you. You are in our thoughts and hearts daily.
    We are thankful Ryan is pain-free and all he can feel is the love from his wonderful family.
    Our love, Wendy and Joe Demty

    ReplyDelete
  11. It had been about a month since I checked this blog. Then, last night, I had a profound feeling that Ryan was near. Love and Light, all beauty, as though he had cruised through Austin on his way Home. I knew that he had passed.
    His body may be there, but his spirit has moved on, and he feels no pain. I realized then, at that moment, that a caterpillar is born twice- once as a caterpillar, and again.... as a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not know Ryan or his family but stumbled upon this site through a friend and have been following your updates. I know how agonizing it is to watch someone fade away so slowly. The waiting and watching is torture, as you said. As much as you want the person to be with you always, you understand the situation and wish that the suffering would not have to go on. The human body is so amazing (in our situation 9 days without even a drop of water or food after she was no longer able to swallow). My thoughts and prayers are with your entire family and with Ryan. All I can say is that you will look back and be thankful that you were able to be with him even during this most difficult and painful time. And it will get easier, slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so brave! All of you are truly amazing ... I wish all of your peace and comfort in your happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know how painful it is to watch someone you love struggle to live while you know their struggle is only prolonging their and your pain. I watched my father struggle after suffering an incurable disease. Sometimes we have to let them know it is OK to leave us and that while our hearts will break we will be OK and will see them again someday. While we also stayed by my father's side at all times because we did not want him to be alone, when the time came for him to leave us - he did just that. He waited until we had stepped out of his room for the nurses to bathe him to leave us. Many of the nurses told us this is very common because they do not want their loved ones to witness their last breath. Not a day goes by that I don't miss or think of my father, but I know he is no longer suffering and is in a better place with God.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are all feeling. You are all so amazing. There are no words that can begin to explain how sorry we all are. My heart, prayers, and thoughts go out to you and your family. With love, Katie Alty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Creeden Family,

    We are praying for Ryan's peaceful passing and for your chance to start healing!

    God Bless You All.

    The Sproul Family

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am thinking of you guys ALWAYS. Your strength amazes all of us. Prayers and love to you, your parents and Ryan.

    - Melissa (Joyce) Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Like Jodie said, I can't believe this is happening...

    My heart aches for all of you every day but, in reality, none of us knows what you, Mike, Loesje, Brian or Ryan are going through. The only thing that is even accessible to us is that it has been a long, difficult road for each of you. None of us know what to say either... there are no words... and can only do our best to try and relate. I'm so sorry for all that you have been witness to these past few months and wish ALL of you peace of heart and mind.

    Love and strength,
    chan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cannot imagine all that you are going through. Having experienced some of this myself with loved ones I do know that is by far the hardest thing I ever had to do.Our prayers are with you and Ryan.
    Angela & Park

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loesje, Cerissa & Mike,

    I know how tortured the waiting is, I'm so sorry the outcome is not what we've been praying for. For all involved I can only pray that Ryan's release will come soon. Know that you have done all you possibly could for him. thinking of you daily.
    Love, Sarah Hollister

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am praying for Ryan, you, and your family. May Ryan pass peacefully and fly up to Heaven on the wings of angels. May your hearts find peace and rest. God Bless You all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ryan is such an amazing person. He has touched so many lives in such special ways - some of which we will never know. His strength and determination through this entire period has been so inspiring. So to has the love and strength of your family. Ryan has a very special angel watching over him, who will be with him always. May God's love hold all of you tightly and carry you through this incredibly painful time.

    Love and prayers to all of you...

    ReplyDelete
  23. My hear tbreaks for you everyday........ I'm just so sorry!

    xo
    C

    ReplyDelete
  24. never stop thinking of you guys... stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are a phenomenal family! Your love,strength and courage will be rewarded someday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. He's a little guy with the heart of a giant, what a warrior..

    ReplyDelete
  27. There is not a minute that goes by that we do not think about all of you. We continue to send you hugs, prayers and love.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  28. May you feel God's abiding love...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thats so horrible to hear oh god. What a fighter Ryan has been throughout. His poor body holding on in all this pain. May our thoughts and prayers still continue. Cerissa and family im so sorry for all of this heartache you guys have to endure.

    Love gary and april c

    ReplyDelete
  30. My thoughts and prayers are with you Loesje and your family during this time. God bless you...

    Love Jenn L.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Please tell Ryan it's okay to let go and be with God. Be thankful for this time that you have had with him. Your family's love is felt by all of us who read this blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  32. May God be with you all during this difficult passage. He holds you close in his hand and with time will heal the hurt and loss and restore peace in all your lives. You are an exceptional family who will continue to live strong. Wishing you strength in His spirit, comfort in His hands and peace His promise. God bless you and Ryan. Be free

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cerissa,
    I am sure the pain right now is unimagineable. Life can be so unfair sometimes. I love you and your family and as you know, I have also been through the pain so bad that it feels it will never get better, but you will find a way by leaning on those that love you...it's the only thing that has to guide me to a place of peace and acceptance. I have so many fond memories of Ry, some that go waaay back and some more recent, with how much he supported me after Tommy. He will always have a very special place in my heart. I am always here if you want to talk or need anything at all.
    Love, Katie Quinn

    ReplyDelete