Friday, July 17, 2009

Waiting

Ryan is still hanging on 5 weeks later. He is down to 2 breaths a minute but his major organs appear to be working ok (per blood test). They are considering using more phetanol patches to drop the amount of liquid morphine which may be hydrating him although it is concentrated 20:1. Who knows...

We appreciate everyone's support through this horrible time.

24 comments:

  1. Hi Cerrisa,
    I have been following your blog since march. I read about your family on Courtney Hollingworth's blog, who was also in a terrible accident in November 2008. I think about your family everyday and pray that you all find peace. Know that even people who do not know you pray for you and your family everyday. You are a courageous and strong family and I continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many people that share the sentiment above... you guys are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words seem so inadequate during this terrible nightmare.
    We continue to pray and send you peace, love and hugs.
    Jan T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just horrible.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are no words left, except know that lots and lots of love and prayers are constantly coming your way.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. As many good thoughts as possible being directed towards your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to high school with Ryan, we had a couple classes together and although i wouldn't call us friends i do remember him as a very charming, handsome, friendly kid. I've been following this blog for a while and it's so terrible for something like this to happen to anyone. I have no other words left to say except that i'm sorry this has happened and it is great to have known such a person as Ryan. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Casting Crowns - Praise You In This Storm


    I was sure by now
    God You would have reached down
    And wiped our tears away
    Stepped in and saved the day
    But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining

    As the thunder rolls
    I barely hear You whisper through the rain
    “I’m with you”
    And as Your mercy falls
    I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
    And takes away

    Chorus:
    I’ll praise You in this storm
    And I will lift my hands
    For You are who You are
    No matter where I am
    Every tear I’ve cried
    You hold in Your hand
    You never left my side
    And though my heart is torn
    I will praise You in this storm

    I remember when
    I stumbled in the wind
    You heard my cry
    You raised me up again
    My strength is almost gone
    How can I carry on
    If I can’t find You

    As the thunder rolls
    I barely hear You whisper through the rain
    “I’m with you”
    And as Your mercy falls
    I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
    And takes away

    Chorus:

    I lift my eyes unto the hills
    Where does my help come from?
    My help comes from the Lord
    The maker of Heaven and Earth

    ReplyDelete
  9. All we can say is your family continues to be amazing - better days are ahead.
    Love,
    Jim and Maryanne Morse

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so plain to see that Ryan loves his family so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just so sorry that you would have to continue to write such unbelievable words for so long. No family should endure what you all have been though. God Bless and may peace be with you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  12. As terrible as this is, I hope everyone who reads this blog learns the lessons that Ryan is trying to teach us...like being supportive, having strength above and beyond humanly possible, hopeful, wishful, prayful, committed and loving at all times in our lives and not only in our darkest of times. Thank you for the strength it takes to print Ryan's updates. Please know you are prayed for all over this country. God Bless You

    ReplyDelete
  13. please know you are in everyones prayers, We get up in the am. with your family in our thoughts and go to bed at night knowing you all continue to suffer. We wish you peace and healing. Please God your pergatory ends soon.
    Our love to Ryan and all of you.
    Kathy, John , Ryan and Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  14. peace, love, and prayers for all you guys Cerissa. Words cant describe how strong you guys are through this.

    Love gary and april c

    ReplyDelete
  15. We also found Ryan through The Hollingworth's blog and have been following his long battle.
    We are praying for you and your family daily and will continue to do so...

    Providence RI

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love you so much, we are here for you
    Sue and Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  17. i don't know what to say to your family....
    I can't imagine what you all are feeling and i don't mean to sound cliche either. I truly offer you all my sincerest prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been traveling and constantly check the blog from the road... I guess just waiting like you guys. Hope he goes to a better place soon & that the whole Perewitz gang can be there for Ry.
    ~Jody P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enduring love, enduring love
    Let it be passed from one to another
    Secret streams sand breathing
    enduring love for eachother.

    Rock my love, knowing love
    Family, friends, and brothers
    Aboard the ocean caps shining
    God's love, forever love
    Starlit sky reminding

    ReplyDelete
  20. no words can comfort,you but please realize that we hold all of you in our minds, hearts and prayers. Thanks for keeping everyone updated through this page.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Our hearts break for all of you. We pray for peace to come to Ryan and your wonderful family.

    Love, Wendy and Joe Demty

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are all in our thoughts from sunrise to sunset....praying for Ryan to be at peace.

    ReplyDelete