Ryan is ok. Nothing has really changed. He will be going in for a procedure tomorrow to try to drain some of the infected abscess and to culture it again.
Also, just to clarify as there was some confusion. We found out that Ryan is not supposed to have much PT/OT right now because of his septic/peritonitis condition. He is not supposed to move much and cannot handle it at this time. There was miscommunication (or mis interpretation on our part) and we were not fully aware as to why Ryan was not getting much PT/OT. Sorry to PT/OT for the misunderstanding.
Further, I want to apologize to those I may have offended. We have many different emotions right now. It is hard to understand what is going on while at the same time trying to keep emotions in check. I (not my folks) tend to get angry quickly and I am sorry. I am just very sad and angry that Ryan is going through all of this.
We hear so much information and at times it gets misinterpreted which may be due to the emotional roller coaster and out lack of understanding of what is going on. Needless to say, we have had a very compassionate staff at the hospital that has been trying to work with us through all of this. The patience they have for dealing with the family in addition to Ryan is greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cerissa - You are an amazing woman, sister, daugher... we love you! Heather and Ron
ReplyDeleteCerissa, Although I've never met you, I have known your wonderful family since you all lived in Sharon. I bet your just like your mother, which is the biggest compliment I can give you.
ReplyDeleteI just finished reading what you wrote in your blog today and it made me so sad that you feel you have to apologize to people if you have offended them. I'm sure you didn't offend anyone, and even if you did - everyone knows what kind of misery and stress you have been going through. You and your family have been on an emotional roller coaster and you are only human. We are all in awe of how you have been able to keep everyone updated on Ryan's progress.
Take care of yourself.
Always thinking of you and your family,
Wendy Demty
More love from Texas- we're stubborn down here and you just can't get rid of us. We love you all and our hearts are lifted up to you- find your strength and take it one day, one moment at a time. You can do this- you ALL can do this
ReplyDeleteMany Thanks and Blessings
Cerissa,
ReplyDeleteYou are all dealing with so much, yet you keep all of us informed. I can't even imagine how overwhelming it is... so much information to digest when all you want is for Ryan to be better. You have nothing to apologize for.... this is so hard. Just remember, so many people love you and Ryan and your mom and dad. Ryan is a fighter... try to stay strong. We are all thinking of you night and day.
Thank you and give my best to Ryan, your mom and dad.
Patti Kenney
Cric,
ReplyDeleteYou do not need to apologize to anyone! You have been doing us all such a favor by keeping us updated during this hectic time and everyone who reads this blog is so grateful for that. We all know that things must be so confusing and difficult for all of you. I can understand your frustrations. It's only natural. You are doing a great job just hanging in there. Take care of yourself! Big hugs to you, Ryan, your mom and dad!
Love,
Alexis
I wish I could give you hug, make this one a cyber hug ;)... Everyday is a brand new day!
ReplyDelete-corrie:)
cerissa, I am Tom & Katy Johnson's mom, Linda. You are going through so much heart ache..No apologies are needed, coming from a distraught, exhausted sister. I know Ryan is so proud of you and watching over him is all you are allowed to do..so keep it up...Now..have you or your parents had a nice home cooked dinner lately...chicken pot pie..chicken soup..old time straight to the soul food for the weary? I'd love to make you a comfort food meal..let me know where I could bring it to you! XO Hang in there..a tough couple of months..your love and persistance for Ryan and his care is admirable. ruly, linda johnson lindaj24@comcast.net
ReplyDeleteCerissa:
ReplyDeleteYou, your Mom and Dad, and Ryan are 4 of the strongest individuals I have ever met! The last thing you need to do is apologize to anyone. Ryan is truly blessed to have you as his sister as well as your parents to have you as their daughter! Thanks for keeping us all updated! Thanks for being you!!! Love you!!
Mandy R xox
Cerissa - You're doing an amazing job and we all love you. You are an extremely strong woman, for which we are all thankful.
ReplyDeleteLove, Lori
Cerissa,
ReplyDeleteWe echo the sentiments of others who felt compelled to reach out. Thank you for keeping us closer to Ryan through your words each day. You are a remarkably courageous and loving sister & daughter, as your Mom & Dad have always said about you.
Feel the love of those who feel so blessed by your presence,
Mary Ann, Cynthia, Jackie, & Anna
Only an individual strong in the heart and in her faith could do what you do on a daily basis, Cerissa---you, your mom and dad have been by Ryan's side giving him the strength he need to keep on fighting. You are all AMAZING people that we keep in our hearts every minute of every day. Love and prayers to you all!
ReplyDeleteNicole Spencer & Family
Cerissa,
ReplyDeleteYou were always the strongest young lady I ever met. I can remember in Senior English class all those years ago, that no matter how overwhelming the day was, you would just wipe your eyes, go splash cold water on your face, and keep moving.
You are doing the best you can and have nothing to apologize for - as usual- you are one amazing woman! God Bless and know others are channeling their strength and love to you via cyber space. oxoxoxoxox Mrs. Wallin
Cerissa,
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a terrific job keeping us posted, channeling our energies, and prayers. It truly is the silver lining in this huge concern you and your family are dealing with. Ryan is so proud!
Love to you, and your mom and dad, Lende and Bob
Cerissa - I read your words every day and I very much admire and appreciate your strength, patience and honesty. I cannot even fathom how overwhelming this is for you. Please know that we are all here for you and your family, outside of cyber space as well. Thank you so much for letting us all be a part of your world and allowing us to stay so close to Ryan even when we can't be right there. I think of you and your parents and Ryan every single day. Love,hope and prayers, Kelly Resnick
ReplyDeleteP.S. - you should take Linda Johnson up on her offer, she is an EXCELLENT cook!!!
Cerissa - I too read your updates every day and think of the inner strength you must have to continue this each day while gong through this emotional heartache - thank you for giving us these updates and please rest assured our love and prayers go out daily with each step Ryan takes. I know first-hand how confusing the medical field gets when you have a loved one going through the ups & downs daily on the road to recovery and the anger you feel within is understandable - but the nurses and Dr. do understand this - no apologies needed - YOU are keeping Ryan's strength going just by being by his side. Love to you and your family ... Praying daily as I'm sure most here in Sandwich is too. If there is ANYTHING we can do to help ease this exhausting, painful time, please do not hesitate to let out the word. God Bless You All , M.I.Freitas-Maloney
ReplyDeleteHey, you are doing a good job staying strong and anybody with a heart can understand that you can get frustrated and confused. Medical terms can be so scary and difficuly! I know! Hang in there and don't let small stuff bother you. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteCerissa, the last thing you don't need to do is apoligize to any of us here clinging to your every word and Ryan's life. You are amazing. I understand that you, Mom and Dad are in a place we all hope we never need to experience. You have taught us so much, kept us informed and everyday doing that has to be most difficult on you. You hang in there Cerissa for our prayers our with you too.
ReplyDeleteJudy
Cerissa,
ReplyDeleteYou really are such a strong person and the greatest sister a sibling could ever wish for.
Ryan is so lucky to have you. I feel so lucky to have you as my sister too. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you ever.
~Christine
Cerissa,
ReplyDeleteYou are my hero!!!!
Mrs. Lehane
I COULD ONLY PRAY THAT MY DAUGHTER COULD BE AS STRONG AS YOU ARE RIGHT NOW. YOU ARE AMAZING AND DURING THIS VERY DIFFICULT TIME YOU WHO SHOULD BE COMFORTED ARE THE ONE HELPING ALL OF US. THANK YOU SO MUCH AND GOD BLESS YOU. STAY STRONG, OUR LOVE AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU
ReplyDeleteCerissa, you are one of the strongest people I've known,with a heart bigger than earth. Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteAva and I and my parents send a huge hug and our strength. xxx Ryan&Ava Currier.