Friday, April 17, 2009

Critical Care update Friday

Well when I walked into Ryan's room this morning I was not prepared to see him sick again. He was vomiting up green bile. I think for everyday he gets a little better I tend to forget that he is in critical care for a reason. Basically, they took an x-ray of Ryan's abdomen and thought his NG tube was too far down and had past the stomach a little. This in turn caused his NG tube to get clogged or stuck against the lining wall. They think this led to his stomach distending again and he was forced to throw up in order to get the bile out. They pulled the NG tube out a little so that it is better placed in the stomach and will hopefully drain better. They also realized that Ryan's bowels are not working right now so they had to stop his jtube feedings. They are giving him nourishment through IV fluids again. The xray showed the the bowels are inflammed. Hopefully by staying off the feedings for a few days his bowels will relax a bit. As of right now they are just going to see how things go and hold off on surgery for now. Ryan is exhausted and has not been very responsive today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for him.

6 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to all of you Cric!!! Much Love!! Mandy R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strength and love are so crucial for Ryan right now... I don't know where you find it every day but, I am so impressed with all of you! Please let Ryan know we are all thinking of him...

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying here for all you guys..

    Love Gary and April C

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can't thank you enough for keeping us so well informed. We think of Ryan and all of you throughout the day, and send our prayers and love.
    Cynthia, Mary Ann, Jackie, & Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of us at TCA miss you, Ryan. We send our prayers and love to you and your family. Thank you so much for the updates. Venice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be strong buddy. Venice is 100% correct. We are all missing you. Can't wait to see you again. Our thoughts and prayers are with you daily. Margarito & family

    ReplyDelete