Tuesday, April 21, 2009
SICU update tues
What I can say. Ryan is hanging in there but he is in rough shape. They are concerned about pneumonia in his lungs now. His abdomen is still very distended and sore. His vitals are ok. His blood pressure fluctuates getting fairly low at times. He still runs a temp here and there. His heart rates hovers around 120. His neuro responsiveness is not great but he is on a lot of pain medication, sedation and has had 2 surgeries in the last 3 days. He is going for a Ct scan of his head now and we will see what happens. They hope to see the ventricles have gone down in size but we will see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cerissa - thank you for your continuous updates. Your strength and patience does not go unnoticed. I think about Ryan, and you, and your mom and dad everyday and I know that I am not the only one. Please know how many other people are sending their warm thoughts and prayers to all of you at this very moment.
ReplyDeleteI am praying for all of you and have asked everyone around me to continue to do the same.
ReplyDeleteTricia
He can do this. And so can you. Please keep telling him that.
ReplyDeleteYes Cerissa thank you for the continued updates. Thinking of you and your family Cerissa and Ry. Our prayers are with you
ReplyDeletelove gary and april c
Ryan-you can do this, stay strong and keep fighting. I am thinking of all of you constantly and sending positive energy your way. Please know that everyone is here for all of you.
ReplyDeleteLove, Katie
Ryan -- every time I read this blog and hear an update I remember you as a 7th grader, sitting in English with your fiesty smile and friendly charm. It is not surprising you have so much support and positive energy working for your recovery. I have been keeping you and your family in my thoughts --
ReplyDeleteMrs. Sabetta
Cerissa and family,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for all you are going through. I keep praying for God to give you the strength to get through this very difficult time. Ryan is in our prayers weekly at church and daily in our home.
Ruth Meucci
I am so sorry that Ryan has to deal with more obstacles in his recovery. I am sure this is very stressful for all of you, so I thank you for updating us. I know you are doing your best to stay strong, but we are all here to support you when you need us.
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Alexis
I know from experience how hard it is to stay positive. But your family's strength and love can carry a loved one far in tough times. I am thinking of Ryan and saying a blessing for him and your family.
ReplyDeleteSarah (Redman) Sylvia
still thinking about and praying for you guys all the time.
ReplyDeletesending love and prayers your way.
-tony a
Remaining ever hopeful and filling Ryan's room with positive energy is all that you can do. This verse (Emily Dickinson) has helped me enormously and I hope it a balm for your weary hearts...
ReplyDeleteHope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all
With a heart full of hope and love for the Creeden family, Barbara
Keep fighting Ryan, you have an amazing family and a strong support system who love you very much.
ReplyDeleteCerissa thank you so much for all the updates, you and your family mean a lot to all of us and you are constantly in our thoughts.
Sending our love, strength and prayers.
LR
I am praying for Ryan continuously...as are SO MANY others!! People that have never even met Ryan, but have heard his story! Thinking about you all and hoping things start to look better for Ryan. Lots of Love - Katie
ReplyDeleteI've never met you, I just heard about you on Courtney Hollingowrths blog. But from what I have read, I know that Ryan is a very strong and faithful person-and I know that he can pull through this. Thank you for the wonderful updates. Lots of love and prayers, :)
ReplyDeletelove never halts hope, hope never stops seeking, grace will be discovered - pray with antisipation
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteI, too, am a friend of Courtney Hollingworth and have been follwing Ryan's progress since you first introduced yourself to the Hollingworths'.
Courtney has made amazing progress in her recovery, so much of what you write about reminds us of Courtney's struggles. Keep it positive and keep your faith...whatever it might be. Prayers are lifted up for you, Ryan and the entire Creeden family from folks you may never know. Blessings.
We've been thinking positive thoughts and sending good vibes Ryan's way. You're in our hearts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love,
Lori & Todd