Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday - Blood infection

As we are starting to learn we do not seem to get much good news. Today some of Ryan's blood tests came back showing that he has an infection in his blood. They are not sure what it is from but it may be from the PIC line in his arm (this line gives him the fluids he needs).

They are taking the pic line out and are trying to decide how he will get the nutrition he needs. he has already had a pic line in his chest, then was moved to his left arm, then to his right arm. They may try to put one his the veins in his wrist but we are not sure if this will hold up.

Also, they are not sure if the fluid in his lungs is infected. Tomorrow they will have to test the fluid they remove during the procedure in the ct scan that is done with a long needle.

Ryan is very pale today and he appears to have very little energy. He is sweating and has been having a fever. More waiting...

8 comments:

  1. We are so sorry to hear Ryan is having more health problems. Again, our hearts go out to you. We think about you constantly throughout the day and pray for things to turn around for poor Ryan. Our hearts break for you more than words can say. I just can't imagine how you are all holding up. You are in our hearts and thoughts more than you can possibly know.

    Our love, Wendy and Joe Demty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking about you all constantly! My family and I continue to pray each day! Sending you love! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loesje, Mike, Cerissa and Ryan, I am so sad and sorry that you have had to endure this. I know you feel that you must not have any strength left. All of us continue to pray and hope that you can have the stamina to make it through these unbearable days and nights. We continue to hope and pray that Ryan can keep up the fight and pull through. My family and I send our love to you. Neely Mundell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for all that you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you all the time.

    Love, Jody Demty

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are holding you all in our hearts. Feel us sending you and Ryan strength.

    With love,

    Mary Ann, Cynthia, Jackie, and Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read these updates daily, and I send my heart felt love and concern to your family and Ryan. Honestly, it is more then any family should have to bare. I just keep praying and hoping that Ryan takes a turn for the better.
    Love,
    Patty Persico

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loesje, Mike, Cerissa and Ryan,
    In our thoughts and prayers each day.
    Much love and friendship,
    Tom, Sara Nick and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can totally understand what your family is going thru..my mom had several cases of sepsis last yr. it is so scary and the doctors have to be quick to think. I hope you all know that I am thinking of you all everyday and keep praying that Ryan will pull through. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at sarahsylvia@aol.com. take care.

    ReplyDelete