Ryan went in for the CT scan and removal of some fluid from his lungs today.
They removed fluid (over 1 liter) from the area surrounding the right lung. They were not able to do both today. They will wait a few days to do the other one to see how Ryan handles it and if the fluid returns or not (we hope it does not).
Overall his white blood cell count is down (which is good it is around 13,000, normal is about 10,000 and last week his was 30,000), his vitals are fairly stable.
They stopped giving him nutrition until they can figure out the best way to feed him. As the PIC line we are still waiting to see if that was what was infected and he cannot get food in his jtube yet. (I am assuming after they get the cultures back from things they may have a better idea). They had to give him blood yesterday so hopefully this helps him process his fluids better.
We will be waiting for the rest of the cultures to come back.
My dad says he has some color back in his face so that is good. He is not opening his eyes much but I what can you say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come on, Ryan... You can do this!
ReplyDelete"I keep on laughing to keep from crying
I keep on dreaming to keep from dying
I keep on trying
Ain’t gonna stop
Get right down to the bottom of the barrel
And then you float back on top"
Amos Lee - Bottom of the Barrel
Hang in there guys. One step at a time. It seems a good sign that Ryan's wbc is done. Hopefully that means the infection is coming under control and he can get that break he so desperately deserves. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts are with you all the time. Stay strong. You are an amazing family.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jim and Maryanne Morse
I attended elementary school with Ryan, moved to the Midwest and have not returned since. A common friend informed me of this site. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and Ryan during this trying time. Although it has been years since I have seen Ryan I have never forgotten him. I wish the best for you all!!
ReplyDeleteJessica Coleman
Cerissa, I have a little friend who has has been fed through a central line, for the last 5 years. He does get infections and they pull his line and put in a temporary one. When the infection is gone they put a permanant one back in. Obviously it is not an ideal situation, but it is not impossible.
ReplyDeleteI am praying real hard that Ryan's infection is going to clear we love you Ryan God Bless
ReplyDeleteGiar's
Keep pulling Ryan. Your family and friends are here. take it day by day bro.
ReplyDeleteLove gary and april c
Dear Dave, Loisje, Cricket and Ryan,
ReplyDeleteI pray for you ALL every day. I am sorry for the belated posting, I have been too upset about Ryan to post before now. I believe that Ryan has the determination to beat any odds, I watched him do it time and time again thru high school. He is much loved and many of his former teachers are monitoring his progress thru the website. Thank you so much for the updates. Thinking of you all often and sending you warm hugs and continuous positive wishes. Love, Mrs. Wallin
You can do this Ryan! Keep fighting!!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for an encouraging update today, telling us that Ryan is improving. You all must be on an emotional rollar coaster .... We hope and pray he will conquer all the obstacles he has been facing. Our hearts are filled with love and hope. Love, Wendy and Joe Demty
ReplyDelete