Hi everyone, this is Cric's friend Corrie writing. We are trying to organize ALL the ideas people have for fundraisers to get the ball rolling and funds flowing for Ryan. So exciting that he could be back home so soon!
The Creedens would like to continue to use this blog as way to keep everyone updated on Ryan's condition and to receive messages from family & friends, and set up a separate website for fundraising activities. So that is step #1...does anyone have experience with this? Any help is greatly appreciated. We would like to be able to post Ryan's story, have a way to sign-up for events, have a paypal or similar tool to enable online donations, etc. The Creedens are looking into setting up a separate "charity" fund so more people can donate more easily and take care of tax concerns, but as you can imagine, its not so cut & dry. It will impact how funds can be used and may impact Ryan's ability to get care/Medicaid. So as they have more info on that, they will let you know.
Things we want to get started on ASAP are a walk/run, most likely on the Cape (Dominique Fougere, Brian Nelson and a few others have already started the planning for this), and a Benefit Dinner/Event, possibly including a silent auction and/or raffle. If you have specific suggestions or ways you can help, please post them in the comments section here for now.
Thanks everyone!!! If we all pull together, I think we can be really successful, and take a lot of financial worries off the Creedens' shoulders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We should have a date chosen today for the Run for Ryan. We are planning for it to be alongside the Canal (Sandwich side). We will have more details finalized this weekend and we will let everyone know ASAP.
ReplyDeleteWe're also looking into setting up a website for the run. I'm capable of creating a website, but not that knowledgeable in setting up a merchant/paypal account. We're looking into this now so we can try to accept donations online. I'll keep you updated on the status.
Dominique, Tom, Brian, Cara
Hi Corrie and others,
ReplyDeleteI am a friend of Cerissa's from URI. My sister is a web-designer, and she has experience setting up website where people can purchase things. I am not sure how swamped she is right now, but I will check with her to see if she is available to help out at all. I just wanted to see whether you had anyone else lined up to do this yet.
My email address is alexisnlamb@gmail.com, so feel free to contact me that way with any questions, and I will let you know what my sister says.
-Alexis
Alexis, maybe you could get in touch with Dominique...Dominique, can you email Alexis at alexisnlamb@gmail.com? Thanks guys.
ReplyDeleteCorrie,
ReplyDeleteA young friend of mine has just gone through this charity set up. If you call Ellen Taylor at Taylor's restaurant on Rte 130, perhaps she will tell you what is necessary to protect Ryan's ability to get Mass Health. Brendan is 21 and needed Mass Health for cancer treatment and I was concerned with his fundraiser interfering. I know his account is at Cape Cod Cooperative Bank and they were very helpful.
Mass General, Boston Medical, and RHCI all offer free care. I know that Jordan Hospital will give you free hospitalization, but not meds and doctors fees. I hope this helps.
Ruth Meucci
Hey Guys, If you need some donation stuff for a raffle/door prize/giveaways let me know. I am sure we can do something and get other people too as well. Also if there is anything else I can do please let me know! We can post a flyer here at the motorcycle shop and other places as well. You can e-mail me jody@perewitz.com
ReplyDeleteCorrie,
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you know but I'm a graphic designer and can help with any/all of the following:
- flyers, invites, ads etc; for fundraising events. Email invites/ads etc for these events. We can create a database of email addresses to start with then people can forward onto their friends who will have a option to join the email list and be informed of future events/news etc;
-website - I've created lots of sites but never used paypal (I don't think it'd be hard to incorporate that tho)
Whatever else you think you might need let me know!
Talk soon,
Katie (Murphy)
murphy_ink@yahoo.com
I could design/print fun t-shirts for the run too we could sell to help the fund!
ReplyDeleteKatie
murphy_ink@yahoo.com
Hi Creeden family,
ReplyDeleteI had a memorial golf touranmet two years ago for my father in law, I was able to raise $12000.00 for Make a Wish in his name. This year my husband was diagonised with cancer and our family had the golf tournament to raise money for us in our medical expenses.
I know alot of golf courses would give you a break on fees and there are alot of places in town that could donate items to auction as well as to raffle. If you organized it correctly it could be very successful. Let me know if you need any help.
Sincerely,
Kathy Morrison-Sheppard
kathymorrison2000@yahoo.com
Hi Everyone,
ReplyDeleteI am also a graphic designer and have some web experience as well. I can help with all the things Katie Murphy mentioned above. Everyone has had great ideas, can't wait to get things started!
Shannon
shannoncreeden@hotmail.com
HI there, I think all the fundraising ideas out there sound great! Abbie's school does a silent auction fundraiser evey year and always have great results. One thing they do thats a big hit is auction off 'themed baskets'(i.e.Beach/Pool Fun, Camping, Arts&Crafts, Gift cards, Toy basket, etc.) People can donate to the baskets and we can package them up for auction. They can go for quite a bit...Just a thought...more to come...
ReplyDelete:)Amy
I think we also need to put the word out re: medical transport back to Massachusetts. If anyone knows anyone with a plane that could be used- a corporate one -or even commercial airlines that might donate the transport cost for Ryan, please share. That will be a huge expense.
ReplyDeleteElaine
I would be happy to work on fundraising efforts with anyone-no real experience, but happy to help. Would also donate items for silent auction, door prizes etc.
ReplyDeleteet8310@aol.com
Elaine
Don't forget to get the story out into the newspapers and maybe even Boston tv stations..
ReplyDeleteNever know who has lots of $$ out there and is willing to make a donation, even if they do not know the family. Maybe there should also be a local bank account that they could donate to.
Mary Fougere Jarvis
Also if we could get some donated tickets to sporting events, that would be great for the auction/raffle as well!
ReplyDelete:)Amy
MYSELF AND A FRIEND OF MINE HAVE WEBSITE DESIGN EXPERIENCE AND HAVE DESIGNED SEVERAL SITES OVER THE PAST YEAR THAT ARE CAPABLE OF ACCEPTING MONEY. I WOULD SUGGEST WEEBLY BECAUSE IT IS FREE AND ENABLES PAYMENTS TO BE ACCEPTED PLUS VERY EASY TO USE AND YOU DON'T NEED ANY EXPERIENCE.
ReplyDeleteFROM A FINANCIAL POSITION YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER SETTING UP A TRUST SO THAT ALL DONATIONS GO INTO A TRUST FOR RYAN WITH A FAMILY MEMBER CUSTODIAN OF THE TRUST. THIS WOULD HELP WITH THE ATX PURPOSES. I DO TRUSTS/ TAXES FOR A LIVING
IN REGARDS TO ALL FUNDRAISING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I WILL SEND IT OUT TO ALL CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE, ALL YOUNG PROFESSIONAL GROUPS AND ALL BUSINESS/CHAIRTY GROUPS ON CAPE. THIS WAY IT WILL ALSO BE PUBLICIZED IN EBLASTS AND THE MINI PAPERS THAT ALL THESE GROUPS PUT OUT LIKE COASTLINES. WE HAVE SEVERAL MEMBERS IN OUR GROUP THAT ARE PARAMEDICS.
AMY@DELLAPOSTACPA.COM
There is an organization that arranges medical flights. The family could reach them at www.angelflightcentral.org.
ReplyDeleteJeanne Johnson