Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thurs Update

Ryan was moved to a new room today. He is no longer on all of the monitors. He is still on the trach but breathing room air which he has done for a few weeks. No changes neurologically. There is a chance he could be in Mass soon but we are not sure any details yet. We will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for the suggestions on stimulation. My folks have talked to PT/OT and work with the everyday to learn new ways to help Ryan. They have tried several smells and he does make faces to them. We have him listen to music as well. We all know Ryan LOVED his music, guess Austin was the right place for him. We will try some of the songs recommended.

Once Ryan is home it will be great for him to hear familiar voices! We will welcome visitors and if you want to tape a recording onto a CD for him we could try to play it for him as well. I would not send anything else to TX in case he moves back soon. But if you want him to have recordings of your voices you could make them for him for when he returns? We also make sure to show him Hunters picture everyday. Some facilities will allow pets to come visit so we will check that out.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and suggestions.

7 comments:

  1. I thnk about you every day......kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you & your family Ryan!

    Catie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cerissa, We are thinking and praying for you and your family. I am forwarding Ryan's blog to friends in MASS so they can participate in the fundraising road race. We will send our donation to your parents house. We will do whatever we can to help.
    Love, Danielle Conley (Dauphinee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cerissa,

    Thank you for all your updates. My strength prayers and love to all of you.

    LR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I saw someone post about motorcycle noises and found this link to one on youtube

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdX7A5WCN7k&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Creedens.
    Just wanted to let you know I check this everyday and continue to pray and think of ryan all the time. sounds like hes making small steps forward which is always encouraging to hear. It will be nice to visit ryan once hes back home. I know my family is nonstop praying for all of you and ryan. Thanks for the updates!

    Kyle Curran

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cerissa-
    I think about you guys every day and check out this site to get daily updates. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    Jordan Brady

    ReplyDelete