Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sat 3/14 Update

Ryan was transferred to another room last night. He is now staying on the 6th floor IMC (Intermediate Care) room 618. This is a set up from the ICU before he can go to a regular room. No progress in terms of responding to any commands. However, Ryan kept his eyes open much longer today. We feel he is there and has blinked for us twice on a few occasions.

We are overwhelmed by the positive support and comments from everyone particular from yesterdays update. It helps to encourage us to stay positive. Thanks for all of those who have share there personal experiences. We pray to god that Ryan will also be a miracle case. We know that if he has any control over his recovery he will be doing everything in his power to get better. That is the way Ryan is.

8 comments:

  1. all of the folks at my sister's church up in Weatherford TX. are praying for you "y'all".
    sounds like a bit of good news that Ryan blinked for you a couple of times.
    thank you for the update and please don't be afraid to ask for help with anything.
    it seems there are a whole lot of people on this sight just waiting to get to work on what ever you need.
    that to me is a testament to just how special you guys are.
    i believe that this is going to turn out much better than originally expected. God bless you all and please try to think and act positively.
    -tony antonelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. From those that know you, now and from years back, there is love and faith and prayer. Keep hold of THAT ...
    The doctors have to be reserved and are conditioned to expect the worst, but you know Ryan, you know his and your strength, and there is so much faith and support from all that have ever come in contact with you.
    Hold him, talk to him, tell him everything that you feel.
    Take care of him and yourselves, and thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan -

    I've been hearing this song in random places lately and it's been making me think of you so I wanted to share it:

    O-o-h child things are gonna get easier
    O-o-h child things ll get brighter
    O-o-h child things are gonna get easier
    O-o-h child things ll get brighter

    Someday well get it together and well get it undone
    Someday when the world is much brighter
    Someday well walk in the rays of a beautiful sun
    Someday when the world is much lighter

    Hang in there and fight your hardest - things will get brighter.

    Mike, Loesje, and Cric -

    I am thinking about you guys constantly and praying every day that you get to bring Ryan home soon. We need you all back here soon to kick off Summer '09 with Hog and Natasha's glow stick show. I love you guys.

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls and I have been thinking of you all. We were at church yesterday and Tracy whispered to me, "I said a prayer for Cerissa's brother."

    Love,
    Patricia, Tracy, and Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thoughts of hope and miracles. love and prayers
    john kathy morgan amd ryan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been thinking of all of you continuously for the past few weeks. I know what the long haul is like, just hang in there. Make sure you talk, touch, sing to him and play him his favorite music too....I believe that he knows you are there with him. I know a few times that I even layed in bed with Chris and just talked to him. I wish I could be there with you guys, just know that I am thinking of you and praying everyday. Ryan is a fighter, if anyone can pull through this he can. Love Jenn (Melanson) Morin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking of all of you often, and so appreciate that you have continued to write on this website. I also wanted to tell you that I've worked as a PT in an acute rehab hospital, and specialized in brain injury for 3 years... I have seen some unbelievable recoveries, and true miracles. I know that Ryan is a fighter, and even though 2 weeks must feel like a lifetime, it is a slow process recovering from brain injury, and there is still lots of hope. Like many other people have said, keep talking to him, hold his hand, let him know you are there.... keep trying to ask him to blink or wiggle a finger. And take care of yourselves too! I am sending you lots of love and all my prayers. Love, Marissa Meucci

    ReplyDelete